Our mission is to end child trafficking through a holistic approach focusing on prevention, protection and prosecution of perpetrators as well as minimizing demand. We involve all actors in society and strengthen national and international coordination and collaboration in this field with a child rights based approach.Together with grassroots organizations and other leading experts we develop and advocate for powerful and durable solutions to end child trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Our guiding principles for our work, collaborative impact and selection of awarded member organizations are:
- Child rights based approach where integrating children’s human rights norms and principles in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all relevant policies and programs;
- Focus on children at particular risk of trafficking and exploitation in line with Agenda 2030 and “Leave no one behind”;
- Victim centered approach – focusing first and foremost on the needs of victims and not the interests of the state;
- Ensuring that survivors are given meaningful participation in all relevant processes;
- Recognition of human trafficking as a gendered crime, and prostitution as sexual exploitation and violence against women and girls;
- Recognition of the state as the primary responsible for prevention; protection (including victim support) and prosecution of perpetrators;
- Ensuring support to civil society organizations working in this field, allowing them to be an efficient, sustainable and influential complement to the state.
”It’s our responsibility to end child trafficking. Make the unheard voices heard”
Building networks and empowering grassroots organizations working in this field
Child10 researches, selects and supports grassroots organizations dedicated to protecting children from trafficking and exploitation to scale their impact and sustainability. We build networks of organizations who complement each other to foster stronger national and international coordination and collaboration in this field, identifying synergies across nations and borders and facilitating joint advocacy to create durable solutions.
Child10 seeks to increase knowledge about child trafficking in all public sectors in society, including on how to prevent and protect children, how to take action against those who abuse children as well as how to identify and support victims.
Child10 lobbies decision-makers to improve legislation, policy and practice to prevent and protect children from trafficking and exploitation and to implement tougher actions against those who abuse children. We seek to ensure a child rights based approach in policy development and legislation, working with grassroots organizations and supporting them to have their voices heard in decision making processes related to child trafficking and child protection.